Some of our readers wear bio-focals and have asked, is there anything new technology wise for eye wear.
Well gizmo readers we have great news. PixelOptics have created the world’s first electronic focusing eye wear called emPower!™ which has brought vision care into the 21st century.
Although the technology is complex, the methodology behind the eye wear is simple. The lenses feature a virtually invisible layers of liquid crystals that instantly adjust and provide a near-focus zone.
A touch or swipe of the temple activates three modes of operation:
- Manual On – By touching the temple of the eye wear, this activates the electronic (invisible) reading zone.
- Manual Off – By touching the temple of the eye wear, this deactivates the electronic (invisible) reading zone.
- Automatic mode – By swiping the temple of the eye wear, this activates the accelerometer so the electronic reading zone turns (on / off) in response to your head movement
- Focus: Instant, automatic vision correction for all ranges of sight.
- Power: Comes with a portable charger
- Can be charged fully overnight
- Single charge lasts 2 to 3 days
References: Find out more about the emPower!™ eye wear