Whether you are a teacher, doctor or even a small business owner, data security and encryption is very important these days for client and corporate information. In fact in some states and provinces, government regulations mandate that all client information must be encrypted and password protected.
In order to address these requirements many of our readers have purchased Maxtor’s Black Armor portable hard drive. This USB external drive has hardware-based 128-bit AES Government-grade Security. A password is required in order to access the drive and any data on the drive. A “hint” feature offers a reminder just in case the password is forgotten by the owner. A invalid password prohibits access to your data. Data is kept secure with 128-bit AES encryption. Available in 160GB and 320GB sizes.
- 128-bit AES Government-grade Security.
- Dimensions: 7.7 x 5.5 x 2.2 inches
- Weight: 13.6 ounces
- Disk Size: 160 GB
- Hardware Platform: PC
- Hardware-based full-disc encryption technology
- Removal of the USB cable from your computer auto locks the drive
- Hint feature offers a reminder in the event of a forgotten password
- 5-year limited warranty