I’m sure you experience lost of cell service while exploring nature the boonies or travelling in foreign countries without cell service or even at the CES where often overload of usage. The goTenna is a perfect device for those situations when cell service is not available. goTenna connects to your phone via Bluetooth and in turn communicate with other goTenna devices to send text message, locations to other goTenna devices near by. The range for this varies from based on geographic locations but said it could be between 1-50 miles. The company currently sells goTenna as a pair and with discount of 50% for early adopters.
How does it work?
Connected to your smart phone using bluetooth, your smartphone will send the message to your goTenna, which will then shoot it out, via long-range radio waves (151-154 MHz), to the intended goTenna(s).
- Send & receive text messages for free
- Share locations on detailed offline maps
- Instantaneous transmission within range
- Automatic message retry & delivery confirmation
- Individual & group messaging
- ”Shout” broadcasts to anyone within range
- Proximal friend map & location pinging
- Emergency chat
- End-to-end encryption (224-bit elliptic curve) & self-destructing messages
- Compatible with iOS & Android