Traveling a lot for work I have picked up some pretty cool devices that makes the journey easier. One of my pet peeves is trying to find that small luggage lock key in my carry-on bag in amongst my passport, boarding pass (and the other things). I thought I’d share some information I read (ironically while waiting in the lounge in the airport) about a great new luggage lock called the eGeeTouch. Created by our friends at DigiPas USA, this device deploys a smart lock on your luggage that cannot be picked or opened without the proper electronic key.
This high tech lock require no key, no dial and no memorizing combination code. Simply tap your NFC-paired smartphone or utilize the electronic security key you’ve created and stored on your smartphone, tablet, PC or App. The key is pre-programed with patented algorithm made out of 6-alphanumeric and graphical codes. The permutations available to try and break this code is far more difficult than finding a needle in a hay stack. It is equivalent to getting the one combination right in the many millions of possible combinations.
The eGeeTouch is powered by 2 AAA batteries and provides the owner a buzzer notification should someone try to break into the lock. A color LED indication provides you with a locking / unlocking status
- Material: (lock) Zinc, (body) PC ABS
- Unlocks via NFC, Smartphone, smart watch or pre-programed devices
- Power Source: 2 x AAA batteries, USB port
- Battery life: 15,000 cycles or over 3 years
- App: e eGeeTouch® App available on Android store
- Color LED indication for locking/unlocking status
- Built-in TSA compliant key lock for US airports is also included.
- IP 44 water resistant
References: eGeeTouch Smart Luggage Lock