This Halloween our friends at OPPO have released a mobile smart phone that will scare the pants off the competition The OPPO R5 is the world’s slimmest phone. At 4.85 mm and only 155g in weight, it is so small and light that you may just forget the R5 is in your pocket.
However, don’t let the compact design fool you in to thinking that this camera is a lightweight. The R5 has a smoking hot 1.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 Octa-Core, 2GB of RAM and comes with a 5.5-inch AMOLED screen that will provide you with a Full 1920 x 1080 pixel HD display.
One of my smart phone pet peeves is the battery life and amount of time it takes to recharge cell phones. That is why I can truly say the feature I love the most about the R5 is the OPPO rapid recharge battery system. Simply plug in this phone for 5 minutes and you will have enough battery power for a 2 hour phone call. If that wasn’t amazing, if you have 30 minutes available for charging. This will translate into recharging 75% of the R5 battery.
The R5 is available in silver or gold colors, comes with a 5MP/13MP cameras and runs Color OS 2.0 (based on Android 4.4).
- Dimensions: 148.9 × 74.5 × 4.85 mm
- Weight: 155 g
- Color: Silver, Gold
- Operating system: Color OS 2.0, based on Android 4.4
- Processor: 1.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 Octa-Core (MSM8939)
- Storage: 16 GB
- Battery: 2000 mAh Li-Po battery with Rapid Charge
- Battery Charge: 5 minute charge = 2 hour phone call, 30 minute charge = 75% battery
- Battery Power: via USB
- Display Size: 5.5-inch
- Display Resolution: Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels), 423 PPI
- 5 megapixel front-facing, 13 megapixel rear facing (f/2.0 aperture) camera
- Cell Connectivity: GSM850/900/1800/1900, WCDMA850/900/1700/1900/2100
- Other Connectivity: USB, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/a
References: OPPO R5 Thin SmartPhone