I think I found the perfect Christmas gift for my father. He is not too much into clothing (ie no sweaters) and is still very active around the house. His aptitude towards electronic gadgets is on the simple as he does not want to spend time on trying to figure out how to use that darn device.
The eTape 16 is a high tech digital tap measure. Able to measure in both metric and imperial measurements this device comes with a dual memory that remembers two previous measurements even if you don’t. Made out of polycarbonate and with the ability to accurately measure within 1/16 inch or 1mm, eTape 16 is an upgrade to your dad’s and my dad’s traditional tape measure.
Simply turn on the eTape 16, pull the tape and press to store the measurement. Users can also transfer their measurements directly to computers, tablets and smartphones. Currently the app is only available for iOS devices, but development for Android devices is nearly here. The eTape 16 has other features including center line, midpoint and reZero. It utilizes a CR2032 Lithium battery (included) as has an automatic power save when the device has not been used for 2 minutes.
- Tape blade: length 16 Feet / 4.8768 Meters, width: 3/4 inch
- Material: Case Polycarbonate
- Battery: CR2032 Lithium (included)
- Bluetooth connectivity: Optional to the free downloadable app (currently iOS)
- Automatic Turn off: 2 minutes
- Measurement: US or metric units (ie Feet / Inches / Fractions / Centimeters )
- Dual Memory
For more information or to acquire: eTape 16 digital Tape measure