With the increasing onset of wearable technology it is now easier than ever to get in shape. If you are looking to take your workout to the next level then perhaps investing in a #wearable device will help motivate and encourage your workouts.
The Garmin Forerunner 235 is a GPS running watch that has a built in heart rate monitor.
In addition to capturing table stakes such as distance traveled, steps, pace and time there are a few additional features built in including calories and (Security) live tracking.
Although the watch is available in three stylish Black/Gray, Frost Blue, Marsala colors, the Garmin Connect IQ app will enable you to personalize your watch with downloadable watch faces. With Connect IQ you can also install Widgets for weather forecast with MinuteCast from AccuWeather and also leverage other fitness apps including an Analog speedometer.
The Forerunner 235 leverages built in LED’s that enable the electro-optical cells to monitor and capture information such as blood pressure, and heart rate.
Garmin takes into account the ever connected consumer and hence has integrated audio prompts into the Garmin Forerunner 235. This allows the wearer to connect through the magic of Bluetooth 4.0 to their Android, IOS or Windows 10 phone and see incoming emails, texts, call alerts and calendar (meeting, task) notifications.
The Forerunner 235 is 5 ATM which means it is not only able to withstand the occasional rain shower but will be perfect for the training triathlon. It will Withstand pressures equivalent to a depth of 50 meters of water.
On paper the Garmin Forerunner 235 seems to be a perfect running accessory. We will see how the technology translates on to the streets.
Features and Specifications
- Physical dimensions: 1.77″ x 1.77″ x 0.46″ (45 x 45 x 11.7 mm)
- Weight: 1.5 oz (42 g)
- Colors: Black/Gray, Frost Blue, Marsala
- Sensor: Built in wrist sensor to measure heart rate
- Display size: WxH 1.23″ (31.1 mm) diameter
- Display resolution: WxH 215 x 180 pixels
- Color display: 180 x 180 pixels – LCD
- Battery: Rechargeable Lithium-ion (included)
- Battery life: 11 hours training, 9 days watch + activity tracking + notifications + heart rate
- Audio Prompts: Receive audio prompts from your connected smartphone that include laps and lap times.
For more information or to acquire the: Garmin Forerunner 235
Garmin is a leader in the design, manufacture, and sale of GPS navigation, communication, and information equipment that serves aviation, marine, automotive, outdoor, fitness, wireless, and OEM. Garmin stands for high-quality, innovation and value.