First impressions of the ZTE Axon 7 Mini. It’s sleek, aerodynamic at 0.31 inches thick and weighing only 153 grams. Supporting a beautifully designed premium aluminum unibody. You can tell that this phone was designed in collaboration with Designworks (a BMW subsidiary). Its the mobile version of a luxury car (except a lot cheaper).
The Axon 7 Mini features a 5.2” AMOLED full HD display and supports dual Sims. Under the hood, the ZTE Axon 7 Mini comes powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 617 , which includes an octa-core processor, along with 3 GB of RAM and 32 GB of storage.
There are some really cool differentiators of this phone. When you look at the phone, the first thing you see is the external dual speakers which support Dolby Atmos® Digital Surround Sound, that provide you with deep immersive yet crystal clear HiFi audio. Traditionally phones have small in-built speakers that provide you with the tinny, light sound which take away from the mobile entertainment environment. If you have ever attempted to watch a movie on your phone, you can relate to this.
ZTE understood these limitations and heard its the groans of mobile consumers world wide. As a result it engineered high audio chip sets into the Axon 7 Mini. Your listening experience is transformed into an extraordinary, captivating, multidimensional sound.
For recording the Axon 7 Mini has AKM 4962 HiFi Recording Processor with Dual Noise suppression mics. A great way to ensure you don’t miss anything being said.
The Axon 7 Mini is slightly different than its bigger brother the Axon 7. It has a slightly smaller battery (2,705mAh versus 3,250mAh) Typically you should see up to 15 hours of talk time. The battery supports Quick Charge 2.0 which means you can get 50% of battery charged in 30 minutes.
Features and Specifications
- Dimensions 147.5 x 71 x 7.8 mm (5.81 x 2.80 x 0.31 in)
- Weight 153 g (5.40 oz)
- Colors Ion Gold, Platinum Gray
- SIM Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size 5.2 inches (~71.5% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution 1080 x 1920 pixels (~423 ppi pixel density)
- Multitouch Yes
- OS Android OS, v6.0.1 (Marshmallow)
- Chipset Qualcomm MSM8952 Snapdragon 617
- CPU Octa-core (4×1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4×1.2 GHz Cortex-A53)
- Internal 32 GB, 3 GB RAM
- Card slot microSD, up to 256 GB (uses SIM 2 slot)
- Primary 16 MP, f/1.9, phase detection autofocus, dual-LED flash
- Features Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, panorama, HDR
- Video 1080p@30fps, 720p@120fps
- Secondary 8 MP, f/2.2, 1080p
- WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth v4.1, A2DP, LE
- GPS Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- NFC Yes
- Non-removable Li-Ion 2705 mAh battery
- Stand-by Up to 270 h (3G)
- Talk time Up to 15 h (3G)
About ZTE Canada
ZTE Canada Inc., headquartered in Toronto, Canada, is a subsidiary of ZTE Corporation, a global provider of mobile devices, telecommunication systems and enterprise solutions. Operating since March 2005, ZTE Canada is dedicated to making cost-efficient, quality communication technology accessible to all. In North America, ZTE is the fourth-largest supplier of smartphones and handset vendors and is the second largest vendor in the pre-paid market. ZTE is one of the top rated high tech enterprises in the world, developing and producing 2G, 3G and 4G handsets and mobile devices in over 150 countries. Founded in 1985, ZTE Corporation is listed on the Hong Kong and Shenzhen Stock Exchanges and is China’s largest listed telecom equipment company.