Sleep Smarter ! Live Better !
Our gadgets provide us with a world of improvements. According to Gartner, smart or IoT devices will outnumber the world’s population in 2017.
For a vast amount of us, having a good night sleep is something that is very difficult. According to statistics released by the American Sleep association 50 to 70 million US adults have sleep disorder. Insomnia is the most common sleep disorder, with short term issues reported by about 30% of adults. The findings also demonstrate a general improvement in overall health as the sleep quality improved. The good news for these 30% is that there are smart devices that out there that may improve their quality of sleep and correspondingly have a positive impact on their health.
Our friends at French startup Moona have developed a Smart pillow that is hoping to no only to get you to sleep faster but also to provide you with a deeper sleep. Moona believes that the key to improving sleep is by regulating your pillow temperature.The Moona Smart pillow was developed in collaboration with sleep doctors from the University Hospital Center in Nantes.
The Moona Smart pillow adjusts the temperature of your pillow and correspondingly your head and neck through the night. To fall asleep, our internal temperature needs to decrease slightly, and cooler temperatures improve sleep quality throughout the night. As we near our wake-up time, however, increasing our body temperature allows for a quick turnaround into feeling awake and productive. Moona sets the right pillow temperature for you throughout your rest.
- The Moona regulating device sits on your bedside table and leverages water to cool and warm the The Moona Smart pillow via a circulation tube.
- The Moona pillow pad is made out of a thin layer of memory foam. This pad is placed on top of your pillow. It adapts for any pillow size, is made of cotton and is machine washable
- The Moona Smart app tracks your sleep patters, circadian rhythms and provides data feedback to you to enhance your sleep cycles, temperature and movement. TheMoona Smart app will learn over time to adapt your temperature profile throughout the night and the year
Smart gadgets such as the Moona Smart pillow provide us with a world of possibilities and even more ways to improve our lives.
Features and Specifications
- Diameter 160mm,
- Height 170mm;
- Tubing length 1.6m;
- Pillow pad 450mm
- Ambient temperature & humidity
- Ambient light level
- Bluetooth v4.2 Classic & BLE
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/e/i;
- App: Moona App
- Status: Seeking funding on Kickstarter, Estimated delivery June 2018
For more information or to acquire the: Moona Smart pillow
Moona is a French e-health startup that was founded in 2016 with the goal of creating, manufacturing, and
distributing smart devices aimed at enhancing health and wellbeing.